Caldmore on the Beach Open Day with special performance Life’s a Beach from Black Country Touring at Caldmore Community Garden!
Life’s A Beach:
A brand new show premiering in July 2017 through a partnership between Black Country Touring and So Festival in Skegness. The show will draw on stories of seasonal visitors and year round residents. Supported by Magna Vitae , Creative Black Country, & Arts Council England.
Three caravans – each one a specially created performance space, each one a different part of an experience shared across cultures – the British seaside.
Three unique shows created from interviews with the people of the Black Country and Skegness. Together, they explore the glitz, the grot, and fish & chips; the sea, the sand and the seagulls ; the wind, the waves and the fairground rides that make our holiday experience.
But what’s it like to live there all year round? Meet the bingo caller who dresses as Elvis and the Lifeboat crew who keep us safe.
‣ 12-1pm Meet the characters of the show LIFE’S A BEACH.
‣ 1-4pm – Series of performances in three theatre caravans.
‣ Free screen printing workshop – print your own bag.
‣ Arts and crafts, face painting, family games, tombola.
‣ BBQ and cake, snacks & drinks at our community cafe.