Circus Open Day at Caldmore Community Garden!
D & F Bros Grand Indian Circus performance and workshop:
D & F Bros. Grand Indian Circus has been specially created by Rhythms and Ragas in collaboration with Access All Areas and 30ips for touring in 2018 to celebrate Circus250, marking the 250th anniversary of the World’s first circus appearing in London in 1768.
Rajasthan is home to the most elite of street circus performers; this fascinating region’s legendary entertainment communities combine their amazing skills – with optional live musical support from the World famous Rajasthan Heritage Brass Band- in performing breathtaking acts of courage and bravery. Preserved over many centuries from the time of the Maharajas, they take this ancient, mystical and magical circus format to even greater heights.
The cast of dancers, illusionists, aerialists, acrobats and rope walkers, with the eye-watering displays by their fakir, present a colourful, vibrant, fast-moving extravaganza of intrigue, drama, feats of daring, music, laughter and surprise.
‣ 1pm Circus workshop.
‣ 2pm and 3pm – D&F Bros Grand Indian Circus performances.
‣ 4pm – Dreaming the Green – Grand Opening of the Caldmore Green mosaic.
‣ Arts and crafts, face painting and mendhi.
‣ BBQ and cake, snacks & drinks at our community cafe.
Employer: Caldmore Village Festival Ltd
Job Title: Community Development Worker
Contract Type: Fixed 28 weeks (6.5months) Full Time (Maternity Cover)
Start Date: August 2018 (subject to references and DBS checks)
Salary: £20,000 p.a. (pro rata) plus employer contribution pension
Closing Date For Applications: Noon on 31st of May 2018
Interviews to take place on Tuesday 12th of June.
Caldmore Village Festival Ltd (CVF) is seeking to appoint a dynamic Community Development Worker (Maternity Cover). This is a fantastic opportunity to join CVF at an exciting time. You will be a motivated self-starter who is able to use initiative and have a flexible approach to community engagement.
This post is a twenty eight weeks fixed-term contract to cover the period of maternity leave for the key worker.
Key roles include:
- Promote and sustain the work of Caldmore Community Garden and House (CCGH) through identification of funding opportunities, writing of bids, delivery of projects and events.
- Ensure that CCGH responds to the needs of the community.
- Develop strong links with community, faith and business groups along with other key partners and with the local authority.
- Raise the profile of CCGH.
- Have previous experience in a challenging community orientated role.
- Manage staff and workers in relation to projects.
- Have flexible working.
- Report to CVF Management Committee.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS.
Maternity Cover Job Description and Person Specification
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable to be considered for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted by June 6th 2018 by email.
Making Connections – Men’s Project
A brief for a suitably qualified self-employed sessional worker to work with older men, focussing particularly on the diverse communities of South Walsall.
Hours: Approximately 3-6 hours per week
(flexible by agreement up to a total of 110 hours over 6 months)
Rate: £20 per hour
Length of contract: 6 months
Total Fee available: £2200.00
Join us for an Easter Egg Hunt at Caldmore Community Garden on Saturday, 24th March, 12-4pm.
- 1pm Easter Egg Hunt for children – bring a basket and come dressed up if you can
- 12-3pm – Spring Craft Fair – meet some of the talented local crafters
- Spring arts and crafts, gardening and family games
- Cake and drinks at our community cafe
Address: Caldmore Community Garden, Carless Street, WS1 3RH